We had a fantastic semi-final round at Nashville Rising Star. 14 of our weekly winners came back and shared 1 song each. The audience at Wild Wing Cafe and online selected 1 writer to move onto the final round, and our music industry judges selected 3 writers, based on a 1-100 rating score for each song. We heard quite a few very good songs, so our final round is going to be awesome!!
Our Semi-Finalists were:
1- Mary Loyd
2- Eley Buck Davis
3- Amanda Miele
4- Jeff Randall
6- Jay Elliott
7- Mary Ellen Hayes
8- Uncle Larry Saffer
9- Joshua Hunt
10- Scott Sanford
11- Marc Oriet
12- Tessa Victoria
13- Amanda Jo
14- Taylor Dukes
Jeff Randall (Audience Winner)
Tessa Victoria (Judges Winner)
Taylor Dukes (Judges Winner)
Scott Sanford (Judges Winner)
Our 4 winners will move on to the final round, being held Wednesday, November 9 at 8pm central time. Each will perform 4 original songs, and a combination of audience and music industry professionals will select the final grand prize winning song.
Sandy Ramos- Sandy is the CEO of The Songtuner. Her songs have appeared on over 25 million CDs, having been recorded by the Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, Lee Greenwood, Neal McCoy, Anne Murray, & Kenny Rogers and many others. She has had multiple ASCAP writer and publisher awards as well as Billboard Top 5 & 10 hits and a #1 Dance hit with “I Brake For Brunettes” recorded by Rhett Akins. Sandy loves to help songwriters make their songs better!
Brian Lucas- Brian holds a performance degree with honors from the Berklee College of Music, with additional studies at the Boston Conservatory. Brian has been a vocal coach, casting associate, musical director, band leader, pianist, vocalist and actor for: HBO, Dreamworks, ABC and Paramount, as well as numerous theaters and several Top 40 artists.
Crystal Burks- Crystal is a producer, engineer, musician, and songwriter. Crystal has produced and engineered for artists and songwriters in every genre including Rock, Country, Pop, Christian, Singer/Songwriter and R&B. With a heart to help songwriters and artists develop their sound, in 2016 she founded ProTrax – a company designed to offer affordable, quality demo and song production to up and coming artist and writers.
Austin Evans- Austin is the creator and owner of The Workshop Music, Nashville’s first and only 24-hour writing space. With a passion for music and those who create it, Austin has made a place where writers can come any time to hone their craft and meet other driven creatives. A songwriter himself, Austin has three songs on the self titled EP of new artist Filmore and writes extensively with Sony Recording artists Radio Romance.
Mark Jones- Mark Jones’ career in the entertainment industry has taken him from musician, artist, and songwriter to agent, talent buyer, and manager.
– Mark graduated from the renowned Berklee College of Music
– He was an artist on EPIC and later Capitol records with the MTV award winning group NEW MAN.
– Mark also was a member of the iconic country pop group EXILE (ARISTA)
– Mark was the Director of Entertainment at Nashville’s premier country venue the Wildhorse Saloon.
– Mark was the tour manager for country artist Chely Wright and soon after was invited to manage her at Spalding Entertainment.
– Over the next 14 years Jones went on to be the day to day manager for Wright, Sara Evans, Pat Green, Ashley Monroe, Terri Clark, SheDaisy and Aaron Lines.
– Jones also worked in Entertainment Business Management for a number of Grammy, CMA, and ACM award winning artists and songwriters.